Friday, 20 September 2013

The Meeting



The Meeting -- 

(This is a continuation of the post - The drive)

I drove to her address with print outs from yahoo maps. My idea was that i will park my car some where in the drive and then wait for her to come to my car. When i reached the drive about, i could not figure out apartment numbers. Those were row houses. I figured i will call her and ask her to come out.

She came out with some excuse (later she told me that she told her mother that she needs to give some books to her neighbour). I walked out of my car to meet her. She was standing across the street in the dark. The sun had set. It was around 8pm.  The street lights were on. I saw her better when she moved on to the light and started crossing the street. My first thought was - She is thin and her hair is not very long..
She was smiling brightly and when she was near me, said "so nice to meet you <nickname>". I was standing more of less like a moron with my usual vague smile. And my heart was pounding. Then she hugged me.

That was the first time ever someone hugged me. hugging is not part of my growing up culture and people always keep their distances - my experience growing up. I was speechless practically but hugged back tightly and held on to her. I was not thinking anything. ( Months later when we recalled our meeting in one of the conversations, she told me that she wondered about two things when i hugged. 1. Why i was just holding on to her. 2. How did i get a hard on so fast while hugging her. ;-).

When she pulled back, she said lets move away from the street as some one she knows might see us. We started walking to my car and all i could picture was her mother looking from one of apartment windows wondering whats going on.. That speeded up my walk!..
Inside the car, i was still dumbfound, not talking much. She was chirpy. The car was a left hand drive (in the US, all are). She was sitting in the front passenger seat. The back of the car was facing the drive way, which meant the car was facing one of the apartments. I asked her where is her apartment. She said it was about 50 meters away from where i parked. I talked about how long the drive was and where i was staying. She wanted to sit closer to me. I said come over. She moved closer to me over the hand rest and sat slanting on to me. I was not talking much. Couple of moments of silence and then we started talking again. I was asking her was she wearing make up? Her face was close to mine. I said i could see powder on her face and i touched her lips to feel the lipstick. Then it happened. We kissed. She kissed me (she admitted later that i was too close and she just felt like kissing because she was happy).
I was beyond happiness. A kiss!!.. Me kissing one? That never happened ever. I was simply astounded.
We did not talk much after that. She wanted to leave because it was already 20 mintues and she needed to get back inside. I said yes and then i drove the car to her apartment area and parked. She showed me her apartment window and told me that her room is on the outside.

Thats how i met my first love. We had met online. We had spoken on phone for hours for months. But never met each other till that day. And, in one day we met, hugged and kissed. Both of us never felt like strangers though we were meeting for the first time. I was so happy about the whole thing. I was ecstatic..

No comments:

Post a Comment